FLU CLINICS 2020
· We will be doing flu vaccinations at the surgery this year.
· We have been planning carefully in the light of COVID-19 to keep patients, staff and the community safe.
· All appointments for flu vaccines will need to be booked in advance.
· Higher risk groups will be vaccinated first so that people in the age group 50 - 64 years old without long term illness will be vaccinated in November if supplies are available.
The flu clinic starts from
From 14th of September 2020, we will be vaccinating children aged 2 and 3 years on 31 August 2020 (that is, born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2018)
Children eligible for the flu vaccine aged between 2 and 3 will usually have the nasal spray flu vaccine.
From 24th of September 2020, we will be vaccinating OVER 65 ONLY.
From 2nd of October 2020, we will be vaccinating Under 65 WHO HAVE AN EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION AND PREGNANT WOMEN ONLY.
Kindly contact the surgery to book your appointment for flu clinic. While attending the clinic, please adhere to the following ground rules, to protect yourself and the practice team.
Flu clinic will only be for Flu jabs, make sure you attend on your own wearing a face mask, and if you have any flu like symptoms, please do not come to the surgery. Contact us to reschedule your appointment for a later date
We are doing to keep you safe when you visit us for your flu vaccine:
- Organising clinics in line with government guidelines and social distancing requirements.
- All patients must attend wearing face coverings.
- All patients are asked to attend on time for their appointment and not to arrive early or late.
- Only five patients will be allowed in the waiting room at once so if it is cold or raining please come prepared with an umbrella and/or warm coat.
- Clinical and non- clinical staff will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Strict infection control will be in place which includes wiping of sets between patients and hand washing/sanitising.
- Doors and windows in clinical rooms will be open to promote air flow. Do let us know if you would like extra privacy as we are happy to close the door.
- Additional sanitizer will be available at the exit of the practice.
· Once vaccinated, please vacate the premises immediately to allow other patients to attend.
· Finally, please be kind to our staff and other patients. We are working extremely hard to help you get vaccinated whilst keeping you safe.
These steps will ensure a smooth and efficient clinic for your safety.
We thank you for your patience in these difficult times.